Sunday, January 17, 2016

We Know Too Much!

Recently, I had the pleasure of recording our February episode of THE JUST WRITE REVIEW! It was truly amazing. Our guest author, Dr. Calvin Ellison shared his new book with us, Beyond Your Comfort Zones. I was first introduced to the book with a request to endorse it. After reading the book treatment, I was convinced the book was written solely for me. It is a very scary thing to step out of our comfort zones. Yet, for the past year, I continually hear that is exactly what I am to do.

I have to ask myself what is truly holding me back. The answer, I’m afraid of exposure. This is really hard for me to admit to myself. For one, I pray for exposure. I pray that my books will be read globally. I pray for doors to open to share my ministry. But then, when someone says you ought to apply for greater exposure, I clam up.

Second question for myself, why am I afraid of exposure? The answer, people will look at me and see; truly there is nothing special about me. Really, I am just a girl from Brooklyn. That’s what I know.

Dr. Ellison helped me yesterday. He said, we know too much! Wow! Immediately my mind went to Adam and Eve. They were not allowed to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. I always questioned that. To me, knowledge is power. The more we know, the further we go. That’s what we hear.

As we continued our interview, Dr. Ellison said, moving out of our comfort zone requires us to be naked. The covers have to come off. The light went off for me. I’m getting it now. This move is going to require real faith. I can’t rely on what I know. In fact, what I know isn’t helpful. God doesn’t need my knowledge to accomplish His will. He does require my obedience.

I know myself in this now present moment. God knows me in my tomorrow. If I forget what I know, transform my mind and obtain God’s mind, I will be the vessel He’s designed me to be.

I’d be lying if I said; I’m completely ready for this move. The truth is; I’ll never be ready. I am, however, going to be obedient.  Here we go!

My question to you today…
Will you forget what you know, be obedient and move beyond your comfort zone?

Visit Amazon to obtain Dr. Calvin Ellison’s book, Beyond Your Comfort Zones

To view the Dr. Ellison’s interview airing February 20 visit my YouTube Channel (THE JUST WRITE REVIEW)

Until we meet again…

Brook Lynn

Brook Lynn Dorcent
Author/Coach/Inspirational Speaker
Founder/Facilitator: JUST WRITE! - A Club for Writers
Host: THE JUST WRITE REVIEW
Missing the Mark (Novel One)
Pressing Toward the Mark (Novel Two)
Forgetting Betrayal (Novel Three)
Above All (Novel Four)
His Wedding Vow (A Novella) Coming Soon
Spirit Over Will (Devotional)
OUTStanding (Teen Guide)

No comments:

Post a Comment