Saturday, March 2, 2013

Continuing On When You're Hurting



Folks, I hit a brick wall this week. It knocked our family flat on our backs. For the stake of protecting my family’s privacy, I will not disclose the issue. I will say it made me reevaluate a lot of things.

To rectify the situation it is going to take a financial strain on my family. And since I’m a self-published author, it will take funds away from producing my third novel.

Truthfully, that’s not so sad. What hurts more is I don’t feel like completing this project. The book is written and my editor and I were almost through the first reading/editing of the book when this hit. I told her I was putting the project on hold indefinitely.

She understood, but I know it disappointed her to hear that.

After a few days, I’ve decided to continue the edits. It may be at a much slower pace. However, when will it move into production, I can't say.

I taught in my Commitment Conference, Expect Challenges. This is quite the challenge and it’s very painful because it involves my family.

You may be wondering why I am sharing this with you.

One, is because I want you to know what stage book three is in.
Two, our family needs healing and your prayers.

We hope you’ll remember us when you pray.

Love, Grace and Peace

Brook Lynn Dorcent
Inspirational Author and Speaker
Missing the Mark - (Romance/Suspense Novel I - Mark Series)
Pressing Toward the Mark (Romance/Suspense Novel II - Mark Series)
Forgetting Those Things...(Romance/Suspense Novel III- Coming Soon)
Spirit Over Will - Devotional
Why Not...Read For Love

No comments:

Post a Comment