Wednesday, February 8, 2017

YOU CAN TAKE IT WITH YOU

Many of you have heard the old adage, “You can’t take it with you.” These words refer to giving away our earthly possessions. It is true, once we’re lowered into the earth, our valuables will not join us. 

On my journey as an author, I’ve learned there are some valuables we can take with us. Inside us, we have stories of overcoming challenges — stories full of life and wisdom.

I’m most reminded of this during Black History Month. I think of all the incredible overcoming stories of hope and inspiration. These stories have given us a future. My favorite is Harriet Tubman. I still have my childhood storybook today. I cherish her life and the writers of that story.

I’ve met so many people that have told me how much they want to share their stories, record them, pass them on. I truly believe with all my heart, they do want to share those stories. I believe they want to write those books. Some are writing, but some have stopped, and some haven’t started. 

Why? Writing comes with the cost of discipline and dedication. It comes with sacrifice. However, sacrifice is never really about us, it’s about what we leave. 

The Effective Elements of Writing Class is fast-approaching on March 4th (10:00 am to noon) in Greenville, NC. It’s designed to equip the writer to write a book that will leave a legacy of wisdom and hope. 

My brothers and sisters, you know the stories within you — they made you better and stronger. They gave you wisdom. The question is, will you take it with you?

Register for The Effective Elements of Writing Class Today - www.brooklynndorcent@gmail.com

Until We Meet Again,

Brook Lynn
Brook Lynn Dorcent
Author/Coach/Inspirational Speaker
Host: JUST WRITE REVIEW
Founder/Facilitator: JUST WRITE! - A Club for Writers
Missing the Mark (Novel One)
Pressing Toward the Mark (Novel Two)
Forgetting Betrayal (Novel Three)
Above All (Novel Four)
Finally Home (A Novel) Coming Soon
Spirit Over Will (Devotional)
OUTStanding (Teen Guide)
Why Not...Read for Love

Please Subscribe to our YouTube Channel! 
We need your support. The link is below.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment