Monday, June 30, 2014

How does a man transform the strength of his character into wisdom? The Man of Steel Answers and Makes my Heart Beat Faster.


I watched Man of Steel last night with the family. I absolutely loved the movie and the actor that played superman, Henry Cavill.

In the movie, Clark Kent struggled for years with The WHY question. Why I am like this? Why am I different? Did God make me like this?

Finally, Clark finds his father’s consciousness and learns what his purpose is. This knowledge gives him hope, confidence, direction.  

I loved this storyline. Clark was so full of physical power, able to defy the odds of nature like no other on earth. Prior to knowing his purpose, he was afraid of how the world would receive him. What would happen if he slapped on the cape, and became a hero and beacon of hope? Consequently, anyone bestowed with such unusual greatness risks being misunderstood, and possibly abused.

But when his native enemies threatened the planet that is home to him and its people, he must choose the cape and every responsibility that followed in the wind. And as such, he must make a choice that goes against the fabric of his being and take his enemy’s life. I am proud to say, he wore the cape upon his shoulders, and indeed wore it well. Trailing in the wind we find respect, admiration, and dignity.

The message in the story made my heart beat faster. Clark learning his purpose, and presented with his test, afforded him wisdom. Having knowledge means knowing better, applying that knowing is doing better. That’s wisdom. And wisdom is much stronger than any physical ability.

The movie served as a reminder to me the importance of seeking the consciousness of my spiritual Father. In Him I find purpose. Just knowing my purpose is not enough. It is what I do that manifests my destiny.  I owe that manifestation to myself and those around me. I am inspired for when Clark Kent followed his destiny, he became a Superman. A very wise decision indeed.

What will you become when you are inspired to follow wisdom?


Brook Lynn Dorcent
Author/Inspirational Speaker
Founder: JUST WRITE! - A Club for Writers
Missing the Mark (Novel One)
Pressing Toward the Mark (Novel Two)
Forgetting Betrayal (Novel Three - Summer 2014)
(Novel Four - Coming 2014)
Spirit Over Will (Devotional)
www.brooklynndorcent.com


No comments:

Post a Comment