Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Nothing is Simply Just


I’ve wanted to write this piece for some time now. It’s been chomping at my fingertips. So…here it is.

As a mom, I very often hear from my children…mom, it’s just music, it’s just food, it’s just…

After I explain it’s more than they think, my children follow-up with, it is not that serious.

Hum, I’ve been thinking about that just word. Is it justification? To me anything we must justify or defend must be significant.

Spouses, ever had to justify to your other half, someone is just my friend? Really? Just a friend? Not saying that you shouldn’t have the friend. I’m not getting into that today. But what is just a friend?

A friend is significant. At least mine are! I love my friends. They are important to me. We share and exchange our thoughts and feelings, likes and dislikes, common goals, dreams… You name it! We can find a way to talk about it. Would you not say that’s significant? I would.

Nothing is simply just. After parenting, I’ve learned anything that we actively do or think about is in some way significant to us. If not, then why listen to that music, eat that food, have that friend? Those just things have purpose in our life.

From now on, I think of the word just in a new light. Anytime I say, it’s just…I know it is justified and significant to me. Thus the name of my blog: JUST THINGS AND WHATNOTS! 

Brook Lynn Dorcent
Author/Inspirational Speaker
Missing the Mark (Romance/Suspense Novel One)
Pressing Toward the Mark (Romance/Suspense Novel Two)
Forgetting Those Things… (Romance/ Suspense Novel Three – coming 2013)
Spirit Over Will (Devotional)
Why not…read for love

No comments:

Post a Comment